Although forums have been around in the Internet quite some time now, it is still one of the less-used platforms for SEO marketing campaigns. This is quite unfortunate since – if done effectively – forum marketing is one of the most cost and time-efficient ways to reach your target market. If you would like to try using forum marketing to drive targeted traffic to your website, then here are several tips to kickstart your campaign.
Choose the right forums.
Forums of general interest, which basically allow people to talk about everything under the sun, are fine but they’re not the best place to start. If you want targeted traffic, then you need to invest your time in finding forums that have the same target market as you do.
If you are targeting housewives, for instance, then they are likely to be frequenting parenting forums or those that deal with housekeeping and home management.
Create your account
Registration is usually for free. If it’s not, make sure that the forum has a large membership base to make the registration fee worthwhile. When creating your account, you need to take your time building your profile page as this will serve as an effective introduction for your business.
Once you start getting active and gaining other forum members’ attention, they’d likely want to know more about you and check out your profile page. Be sure then that you include the following details in your profile page.
- Essential URLs such as a link to your website, blog, and social media accounts
- Brief but comprehensive and fun introduction to your business’ products and services
- Call to action
- Professional awards and references if any
When creating your account, you should also remember to focus on the following:
- Use your company logo or an appropriate image for your profile picture and/or avatar
- Provide a summary of your profile page and link to your website or blog in your signature
Actively participating and building a following through forum marketing means more than posting as many comments as you can. Actually, if you do that you’re just likely to be banned for spamming. You need to make every comment or post count.
Here are several dos and don’ts to help you effectively market your business through your forums.
- Do take the time to read all rules and regulations.
- Don’t be rude to any other members – no matter how much they deserve it. Report them to moderators instead.
- Do make your comments in forums an extension or introduction to your website or blog postings as often as you can. Provide a link when it is.
- Don’t lie or exaggerate. Stick to the truth.
Monitor responses to your posts
Consult a Cell Phone Expert to make sure that you are able to use all your mobile devices to gain access to the forums you are targeting. It’s important that you respond to other people’s messages and posts that directly concern you and your business.
With these forum marketing tips, your online business is likely to get a good number of hits from your target market in no time.