Must Have Tools For Every Web Designer
In order to do their job efficiently and effectively, web designers need to have the right set of tools. By Chris Turner
In order to do their job efficiently and effectively, web designers need to have the right set of tools. These days web designers can find various tools that help them complete their work on time. Hence, today I am going to tell you about some essential tools that every web designer must possess.
- Adobe Kuler – this is a free color tool that is provided by well known company Adobe. Adobe Kuler basically allows users to create, edit and upload color schemes of their preference.
- Pictaculous – this is another great free tool that is created by Mailchimp. Pictaculous is very simple to use, all you have to do is upload a picture. The colors in the uploaded picture are automatically sampled in order to generate a custom color scheme.
- Colorzilla – a free of cost tool that comes as an extension of Google Chrome. Colorzilla incorporates an Eye Dropper, Color Picker and Gradient Generator.
Font and Typography Tools
- Bit Font Maker – Bit Font Maker is an online font editor for Macintosh and Windows operating system. This tool allows designers to produce TTF fonts just by using a web browser. A drawback of Bot Font Maker is that although it is simple to use, its help page is in Japanese.
- Fontifier – my web designer friends love this tool. This tool basically allows anyone to use their handwriting as text on their PC. Furthermore, your handwritten font can be used as a regular font in word or any other graphic program.
Content and Markup Tools
- HTML Ipsum – a useful website for designers which was created by Chris Coyier. This website basically provides standard Latin text in HTML tags. If you click on the box, the text will automatically be copied on your clipboard.
- Dummy Text Generator – a useful tool that allows web designer to create dummy text.
Don’t forget that there are various other tools that a web designer must have. One of the essential tools that a web designer must have is a link checker tool. This tool allows designers to check for broken links on websites. CSS Validator tool is an extremely handy and useful tool especially if one is utilizing CSS style sheets. On the other hand, the above mentioned tools might not be useful when you are checking for broken links while designing a large website. In such as case you will need to have a Log Validator. Log Validator is a free of cost tool and it is simple to use. This tool offers various advantages including improved website quality and reliability.
The bottom line is that web designing is becoming more and more modernized. As we move towards the future, new trend and methods are being introduced in the field of web designing. Hence, web designers need to have the above mentioned tools in order to work efficiently and effectively. Lastly, you will see some new trends in web design for 2013.
Author: Chris Turner
Comments : 1